The Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) at Rolling Hills Hospital is an intensive, therapeutic program for adults facing emotional and behavioral challenges, including but not limited to mood disorders, issues of grief and loss, anxiety disorders, alcohol and medication abuse, and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Our Adult Partial Hospitalization Program meets Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Each treatment day consists of psycho-education and therapeutic process groups, with each patient meeting with a psychiatrist once a week for medication management.
This comprehensive program offers a structured, supportive environment to enhance social contact while learning new insights and skills to help individuals manage life’s challenges. Our goal at Rolling Hills Hospital is to assist participant in understanding their current challenges and to help them improve their coping skills.
This is accomplished through a wide range of treatment modalities including:
- Group therapy
- Assistance with developing support systems
- Stress management
- Life skills training
- Medication management
Partial hospitalization is individualized to meet each participant’s varied needs. The program is goal oriented with group therapy utilized as the primary treatment modality. Unlike inpatient programs, PHP allows participants to engage in intensive group therapy by day, returning to their home or residence in the evening.
The PHP program is used to stabilize clinical conditions, reduce symptoms, avoid inpatient hospitalizations and provide medically necessary treatment for individuals who cannot be effectively treated at a less intensive level of care. The program is less restrictive than inpatient hospitalization, allowing participants to engage in group therapy while enforcing the ability to maintain independent functioning and healthy connections to family, community and accustomed environments.
Who Benefits from PHP?
This program is beneficial to individuals with a variety of clinical conditions and treatment needs. It may be an appropriate treatment option for patients who have mental health symptoms that interfere with quality of life; mental health diagnosis, intensification of mental health symptoms or need for increased evaluation and assessment to establish proper treatment; or individuals who are not an immediate danger to themselves or others.
- Goal-setting Group
- Music/Activity Therapy
- Interactive Group Therapy
- Process Group Therapy
Admissions Criteria for Adult PHP:
- 18 years old or older
- A diagnostic assessment which indicates the individual’s need for partial hospitalization provided at no cost
- Commitment to PHP. Motivation for treatment may be external (court ordered, family ultimatum) or internal (individual has made the decision themselves to change).
- Stressors in the individual’s life warrant multiple therapy sessions per week but do not exceed the individual’s ability to manage stressors with added support of PHP and the individual’s personal resources.
- Individuals may be an actual and/or potential danger to themselves but are able to contract for safety and have other resources that help them maintain their safety contract outside of the program hours.
- The individual’s family members, significant others and/or living situation does not pose a threat to the individual’s safety or engagement in treatment.
- The individual does not meet the criteria for acute hospitalization or is experiencing a failure of outpatient treatment.
- Must have reliable transportation
If you or someone you love suffers with a mental illness, stress, depression, anxiety or has difficulty coping with life, we can help. We’re here for you 24 hours and day, seven days a week. Call us now at 615-807-4059